Seniors, here’s what’s going on your last few weeks of school.

Richmond+Standard

Richmond Standard

Scott Ai

Seniors, I know we’re all anticipating the days until we’re done with high school. Summer break is one of the best times for any student, but for us, it is even more special, as it is the transition from our long four to six year period at high school to college, something that seems too big and unknown to be true. Personally, I still haven’t been able to wrap my head around the fact that I was accepted into the University of Michigan, let alone that I am going to go to a school that’s the size of a small city.

“Am I smart enough for Michigan???” asks Delaney Rutherford ‘18.

However, in the meantime, we still have two more fun-filled and excitement-packed weeks of school. We have prom night at the Drake Hotel on Friday, June 1st, 2018, beginning at 7 pm and ending at midnight. Make sure to get there before 9 pm though, if you want to eat some of that delicious, expensive food that you paid for.

Click here to read an interesting Beacon article about prom.

Monday and Tuesday after prom include senior final days. Senior finals for periods 5, 6, 7, and 8 will be on Monday, June 4nd, 2018 and senior finals for periods 1, 2, 3, and 4 will be on Tuesday, June 5th, 2018.

From now to graduation on June 15th, 2018, there are still many important school events that you may be interested in taking part in. It’s the last month of the last year of our high school careers, and we will be kicking that off with an NHS meeting this Monday, May 21st, 2018. The NHS meeting will take place after school at 3:30 pm in the library.

Click here to read an interesting Beacon article about graduation.

On Wednesday, May 23rd, 2018, we have a fashion show on the Arts Bridge from 7-9 pm. On Thursday, May 24th, 2018, there will be a piano concert in the theater from 7-9:30 pm.

Asian-American Club (AAC) will be hosting two dance shows on Friday, May 25th, 2018 and Saturday, May 26th, 2018. This show will occur in the theater.

Now, for the the most popular school events of the year, we have the Art Fair and the Taste of WY. The Art Fair is taking place in the Arts Building and on the Arts Lawn on Friday, May 25th, 2018. This is being hosted by Mrs. Wax and will go from 10 am to 2 pm.

“Come to the Art Fair. There will be a variety of different art styles from Whitney Young’s most artistically talented individuals. Dolphin Rachel Shapiro ‘18 and I will be doing wheel throwing and ceramics. Come and check it out!” says Dolphin Haley Wellman ‘18.

The Taste of WY is happening on Wednesday, May 30th, 2018. It is an all-day event where Whitney Young clubs and organizations will be selling food and drinks. The proceeds of this event will go towards funding these individual clubs and Student Council.

For the Whitney Young entire calendar, check out Whitney Young’s official website here.