Rat Aquatics Initiative (Bacon)

2024 Fashion Forecast: SHEIN is In

May 15, 2024

Whitney Young’s Revolutionary Solution For Rat Squatters (Bacon)

May 9, 2024

The need for less strict security at Whitney Young (Bacon)

May 9, 2024

The Epidemic Sweeps Through the Classrooms of Whitney Young (Bacon)

May 9, 2024

Foot Traffic Guide

Foot Traffic Guide

May 9, 2024

Foot Traffic Guide

Everyone knows how difficult it is to navigate the hallways during passing periods. It can get quite crowded with hundreds of students all moving at once. There is really one way to get past this situation: run. There is really no better technique to avoid being tardy. Dashing through the halls, as if you are Rudolph the red-nosed reindeer, and maybe, with a little luck, you will make it to class on time.
    “I run everywhere I go. I love running, almost as much as I love learning,” said an Academic Center student, Rebecca Egwuenu. “I always barely make it to Mr. Gucciardi’s class. Running is the only way to avoid him becoming true alpha and tearing me to pieces,” a junior Ellen Chen said.

However, running runs the risk of you looking like an ackie, which is embarrassing, so I’d advise just taking your time. In fact, you are more than welcome to use the entire hallway to fit you and your friends walking side by side. Even though the corridors are always packed, they could always be more packed, so we kindly encourage you to take up all the space. Here at Whitney M. Young Magnet High School, we strive to ensure that all students are uncomfortable in the school environment, so it’s okay for folks to stand in the middle of the houses and engage in some chit-chat, even if they are blocking the paths of other students’ lockers–After all who are we to argue? It’s really only the seniors who deserve to have access to their lockers.

Last thing, being an athlete entitles you to significant benefits. As the School of Champions, we want to make sure you’re always prepared and never fatigued for your upcoming game, even if the season is already over. We want to avoid risk and in order to do so we ask that you don’t speed in the halls and make sure to take extra precautions with every step you take, even if it makes you delay others who are behind you in the already crowded halls. “Athletes don’t work out on days they have games to avoid injury–so I think we should enforce the same rule in the hallways,” a physical education teacher says. 

We hope this helps you guide your way through the foot traffic that goes on at this school and hope you all make it to class on time!