Secrets of the Young: The End Is Coming

Brandon Portillo, Editor

Seniors Brandon Portillo and Alessa Ringo created one of the greatest shows to have ever aired on Whitney Young DubTV: Secrets of the Young. A great amount of work goes into the show. Brandon Portillo directs the show, writes the script, acts as Payton and Jessie, and edits the final product that is put into the show. Alessa Ringo helped write the script but time commitments barred us from furthering our work together on the show. Although losing Alessa was a loss, Secrets of the Young gained a strong asset: Camille Argentar. As head editor and producer of DubTV, Camille has the experience and skill necessary to help create such a popular and complicated show. After 3 months of working on the show, it is finally coming to an end. With only 3 episodes left, the audience is still trying to figure out what Ryan is, what Alex and Ms. French have been up to, and who pushed Payton down the stairs.

Spencer Nelson ‘19 had this to say on the show: “The show is really good and I’m still trying to figure out who pushed Payton down the stairs. It is definitely the best thing on DubTV, even greater than Hallways of Our Lives which is saying something.”

Ella Behrens ‘19 chimed in on the conversation: “Secrets of the Young is the greatest. All I have to say.”

With a great audience and the show being high in demand, Brandon and Camille are running on fumes and are prepared to dealing with criticism and love. With only 3 episodes left, the team is working hard to find a satisfying ending for all of the dedicated viewers that have fallen in love with Secrets of the Young. Hopefully it will leave a mark on the students and go down in Whitney Young history.