Rat Aquatics Initiative (Bacon)

2024 Fashion Forecast: SHEIN is In

May 15, 2024

Whitney Young’s Revolutionary Solution For Rat Squatters (Bacon)

May 9, 2024

The need for less strict security at Whitney Young (Bacon)

May 9, 2024

The Epidemic Sweeps Through the Classrooms of Whitney Young (Bacon)

May 9, 2024

Foot Traffic Guide

Foot Traffic Guide

May 9, 2024

Whitney Young Security too strict? (Bacon)

Security

Whitney Young should really be less strict in their security policies. By facilitating such an overly extensive, thorough, and safe security system, the school has created only further inconvenience for students. 

To fully understand how excessive the security system at Whitney Young is, it’s important to understand the different elements involved in providing a safe atmosphere for students and teachers. When students arrive in the morning, they are suggested to walk through a designated door and show their ID when walking inside the building. From a student perspective, it is way too much work to reach all the way inside my backpack and loosely flash my ID for half a second. There is no need for this practice to be implemented,as the security guards don’t look at the ID’s anyways. One day I forgot my ID and used my friend’s ID who looked absolutely nothing like me. Of course, this only applies when the security guards actually tell students to show their IDS, which they realistically do not do more than 75% of the time. There really is no point in the school ID identification system, so we might as well discontinue it. All it does is wastes everyone’s time and only further annoys students with contraband trying to enter the school

The perimeter of the school needs to be much less strict as well. It’s too much effort to call your friend to open a random door for you. The doors should all be open at all times, so students do not have to waste the time to get out their phone, text their friends, and wait until they arrive to open the door. By leaving the perimeter of the school open the security system can ensure that no student gets frustrated in the morning, and Whitney Young can also save some money by removing the electronic locks from all the doors and selling them.

Lastly, the number of security guards needs to be reduced. The security guards are way too uptight and strict. When a student walks through the door and the security guards are looking in the opposite direction while blasting music, it only further scares the students into thinking they are being secretly watched. By making 1 in every 20 kids show their IDs, the security guards are questioning too many kids. The number should really be even lower, but the strict security guards are working too hard to ensure the kids stay safe.

These are all reasons why the Whitney Young security systems need to be turned down a notch. It’s much too secure, a waste of resources, and only inconveniences students