Halloween or Bust

Picture Credits: Kyra Sobel

Kyra Sobel, Editor

While most high school seniors are more concerned with the date, November 1st, another very important day comes just before; Halloween. On October 31st, kids of all ages dress up in cute, spooky, funny or even gruesome costumes and terrorize neighborhoods across the country and hustle them out of candy.

As high schoolers now, most of our trick or treating days are behind us, but many people still enjoy the holiday, like Mikol Tsopnang ‘18. Mikol describes Halloween as her favorite holiday because, “You get to be whatever you want for the day. You can put on ridiculous costumes and no one can judge you because there’s a holiday for it.” She said she’s planning on dressing up Tuesday for school. But not everyone is as obsessed with Halloween as Mikol, fellow student, Ella McCarthy ‘18. Ella believes Halloween is “ok and dressing up is sometimes fun but when you’re older it’s definitely less exciting,” she also went on to add that you can buy candy anytime during the year.

Whether you agree with Mikol or with Ella, Halloween is fast approaching and candy is becoming sold out at grocery and convenience stores all around. Even if you’re racing to finish your last minute college applications, try to get in the Halloween spirit a little. Grab some cat ears or a mask and enjoy some candy. Happy Halloween everyone!