• December 3The Young Company presents closing night of the Good Times are Killing Me on December 2nd

• December 3Clayton Mendez ('18) places 18th at Nike Cross Nationals

Girl’s Tennis starts off strong

Brandon Portillo, Editor

The Whitney Young Girls Tennis team is starting up its new season with a brand new City Championships in its pocket. The team is starting off strong and it is clear that this team of girls is gunning for another championship. Under Coach Willard Dempsey’s instruction, the Whitney Young Girls Tennis team has won their first two games; their first against Taft and their second against Jones, a competitive school rival. Senior Madison Beckham ‘18 is excited to be playing One Doubles in her upcoming season with her twin sister, Mackenzie Beckham ‘18.

On that note, Madison said,  “The team is looking strong this year and the girls are really fun to play with. I think we have a strong chance of winning the city championships again this year.”. Mackenzie, confident in the team, said, “I think we’re gonna be in the best shape possible for every team we play. I’m confident in my girls and I am excited for the upcoming games.”.

Coach Willard is extremely confident about his team this year and believes that the Lady Dolphins WILL win the City Championship. Their next home game is the 25th! The team is set on being successful all season long so head down to a match where you can support your fellow schoolmates! Go Dolphins!