Powerlifting Team replaces Weight Room with Mirrors
WY Microwaves on Strike, Union Says

WY Microwaves on Strike, Union Says

April 24, 2024

Ackies Secretly Congregate To Host Illegal Ackie-Sack Races

April 23, 2024

Whitney Young High School Installs New Windows To Education

April 23, 2024

Whitney Young Introduces a New Rollerblading Policy (Bacon)

April 19, 2024

GTA VI Mania

GTA VI Mania

March 12, 2024

The Greatest Sporting Event That You Have Never Heard About

CHICAGO, IL | NOVEMBER 25th, – The city of Chicago played host to one of the greatest sporting events in recent memory, and no, it was not basketball, and it was not football. The WWE, the premier promotion of the sports entertainment industry, held one of its monthly PLE (Premium Live Events) right in our own city.   

“Survivor Series: War Games” is one of the most anticipated events of the year and took place at the Allstate Arena in Rosemont. With all the hype surrounding the event, it was no surprise that tickets were sold out a month in advance. The entire wrestling fan base had a feeling that Survivor Series would be a legendary night, and boy did the WWE not disappoint. 

The War Games match is different from any old one-fall match up. As advertised, it is unlike any other within the WWE. The War Games match consists of two rings within a massive twenty-foot steel cage. Two teams of five wrestlers compete against each other with no stipulations, meaning that they could use tables, ladders, chairs, and anything else they could get their hands on to secure the victory. 

On the night of “Survivor Series: War Games,” there were two legendary returns: The Viper, Randy Orton and CM Punk. On the episode of Monday Night Raw ahead of the event, it was teased that Orton, a sixteen-time world champion, would be returning to the WWE to join his former teammate Cody Rhodes along with three others competitors, Jey Uso, Sami Zayn, and WWE Heavyweight Champion Seth “Freakin” Rollins. They would take on the Judgement Day: the team of Finn Balor, JD McDonagh, Damian Priest, and Dominick Mysterio teamed with Drew McIntyre to take part in the annual War Games match. 

Orton had been out with a severe back injury for eighteen months, and this was to be his first on-screen appearance in over a year. When he entered the arena Saturday night, the crowd went wild. The entire Allstate Arena was on their feet, cheering for the return of Randy Orton, who was in amazing shape. Ultimately, Orton’s team won, and everyone thought that Survivor Series was over, but then, an oh-so familiar song played over the speakers. 

The second return of the night was that of CM Punk, a Chicago native who had not touched a WWE ring in almost ten years. Everyone in the Allstate Arena was jumping to their feet. Every time a wrestling event has been held in Chicago, chants of his name reverberated throughout the crowd, but there was never any payoff. On the night of Survivor Series, everyone thought there would be no change, but when his theme music, “Cult of Personality” by Living Color, hit the speakers, the excitement in the arena was electric. 

All in all, Survivor Series 2023 was a slam hit. The viewership was up forty-four percent versus the previous record, and merchandise sales were higher than any past Survivor Series event in the past twenty-five years. In addition, the return of CM Punk became the “most social moment in company history”. The future of the WWE is shining with brilliant potential as the biggest sports entertainment industry event of the year is approaching quickly.  WrestleMania IV is right around the corner, starting on April 6th, 2024. With all eyes on the WWE, the gears are turning and what looks to be a magnificent Road To WrestleMania is in the works for what looks to be an amazing four month wait.