Powerlifting Team replaces Weight Room with Mirrors
WY Microwaves on Strike, Union Says

WY Microwaves on Strike, Union Says

April 24, 2024

Ackies Secretly Congregate To Host Illegal Ackie-Sack Races

April 23, 2024

Whitney Young High School Installs New Windows To Education

April 23, 2024

Whitney Young Introduces a New Rollerblading Policy (Bacon)

April 19, 2024

GTA VI Mania

GTA VI Mania

March 12, 2024

Bears: Time for a Change

The Chicago Bears, once the heart and soul of Chicago sports teams, have found themselves in a deep hole this season stemming from long-term injuries, essential coaching staff suddenly resigning mid-season, and mediocre play game after game, leaves people to ask the question: is it finally time for the McCaskey family to sell the team? Despite unwavering support and loyalty from fans all across the city, continuous disappointment has made it clear that a change needs to be made within the organization.

Since a double doink that was heard around the world occurred in 2018, the Chicago Bears have not had a winning season. Fans’ distaste for the organization has grown so large that in 2021 during regular-season Chicago Bulls games, they could be heard chanting “Fire Nagy,” the head coach at the time. Fans became optimistic however when the organization cleaned house in 2022 by firing Matt Nagy and Ryan Pace, the former head coach and general manager respectively. However, joy was short-lived as the teams’ current record from 2018 to the present day sits at a lackluster 30-50.

The Bears have had 40 draft picks in five years since that 2018 season and still have not managed to find reliable depth in their roster despite the plethora of picks acquired through draft day or player trades. Even after all these changes, Bears fan Anthony Brogni says “The Bears have the second most interceptions this season so the problem is our lackluster offense. I think we need to once again get a new offensive coordinator and head coach.” With the team struggling to find success regardless of the athletes, coaches, or front office personnel on the team, it leaves you to wonder if the problem stems from somewhere else. 

The McCaskey family purchased the Chicago Bears, who were the Chicago Staleys at the time, for $100 in 1921. They have not made any major changes to the team or the stadium since 2002 and are one of the main reasons for the Bears staying at Soldier Field. That being said, negotiations problems with the city have gotten in the way of finalizing a long-term which leaves them with two options, renovating Soldier Field or moving to Arlington Heights. Life-long Bears fan and Whitney Young student Ulisses Nunez says, “I can’t BEAR seeing them in this position anymore, owners got to do something and they got to do it quick.”As a fan, it would be sad to see the team leave such a historic field and sight but with no potential climb to success in sight, change might not be a bad thing. 

With a struggling team and an irritated fan base, the Bears have to start looking for a long-term solution, one that in my opinion should have been made a long time ago. The Chicago Bears need someone willing to put it on the line for the team and not own the team just for the financial benefits. If they’re serious about restoring the team and fans, the McCaskey family needs to sell the team to an individual or group of individuals passionate about the sport, the team, and bringing winning football back to Chicago.