Student Profile: Isabelle Garcia

Jessica Perez

“Do or do not there is no try” 

Isabelle Garcia is a freshman at Whitney Young. From hitting home runs on the softball field to competing in swim meets, Isabelle has made some great memories as a dolphin. She has decided to open up about her favorite moments this year, how she has adjusted to high school life, as well as provide advice for incoming freshman.

Q: What year you graduate?

I am a Freshman, my grad year is 2020.

Q: Best part about being a Dolphin?

The best part about being a dolphin is being able to be academically and athletically successful. This really is the school of champions. Whitney Young has supplied me with a second family in my softball team, and I absolutely love them.

Q: An adversity you have had to deal with?

Transitioning from middle school to high school. The work load was more intense, but I have learned to get better at managing my time and staying organized.

Q: Plans for the future?

I plan on winning successive City Championships for the Whitney Young Varsity softball team, becoming an anesthesiologist, and making the varsity swim team next year.

Q: Interests that you have developed?

I have deepened my interest for swimming competitively. Swimming is something that I have always liked to do, but being on the team at school has made me take it more seriously. I hope to make varsity next year, and will do whatever it takes to improve my skills and technique.

Q: Particular memory/incident you have from your time in high school?

The City Championship is something I will never forget. The game was so dramatic and intense, I lost my voice after the game from cheering and yelling so much. The comeback was amazing, and the effort from all of my teammates was

Q: If you hadn’t been a Dolphin, where would you have gone to HS and how would that have impacted your life?

I would have gone to Brooks, because that is the school closest to my house and all of my friends went there. That would have impacted my life tremendously because it wouldn’t have given me the things that Whitney Young has such as great friends, a great team, and a great education.

Q: Any advice for incoming freshmen?

My advice would be to stay organized in all of you classes, and don’t be afraid to join clubs or teams.

Isabelle’s bubbly personality and positive outlook will do her well in her coming years at Whitney Young. If she keeps up the hard work there is no doubt she can make the Varsity swim team next year, as well as lead the softball team to another City Championship.

pastedGraphic.png