Countdown to Graduation: Letter to WY Seniors

Katherine Shen, Features Editor

Dear WY Senior,

You’ve spent almost four years in the same place surrounded by the same people. You stayed up late nights cramming for tests, writing research papers and finishing college apps. Now you know where you’re going to spend the next four years of your life and are getting ready to move on with the next chapter of your life.

May 1st (46 days until graduation) is decision day. Get out your college gear to celebrate the culmination of your high school achievements.

May 2nd-May 13th (34 days until graduation) is AP testing. “Give your last effort on your AP tests especially if you’re trying to get college credit. If that’s not the case, kick back and relax because these scores are not important in the slightest.” -Ryan Wangman ’16

June 1st (15 days until graduation) is the Taste of WY. The Taste and the Art Fair are both highly anticipated WY events that signify the end of the school year. “Come and support all of the clubs and sports teams. Eat cultural food and try new things. Sit on the grass and get a henna tattoo.” -Emma Purcell ’17

June 9th (7 days until graduation) is the last day of school. Finish your senior finals and say goodbye to all of your friends and teachers. You know you’ll stay in touch with your closest friends but it may be the last time that you get to say thank you to teachers who have watched you grow and the friends you talk to for homework help.

June 10th (6 days until graduation) is prom. “Celebrate with the entire senior class in style. Take photos with your beautiful friends.” -Maia Sanders ’16

June 16th (0 days until graduation) is graduation, the beginning of the rest of your life. You’ve made it to the finish line.

Sincerely,

The WY Beacon Staff