Rat Aquatics Initiative (Bacon)

2024 Fashion Forecast: SHEIN is In

May 15, 2024

Whitney Young’s Revolutionary Solution For Rat Squatters (Bacon)

May 9, 2024

The need for less strict security at Whitney Young (Bacon)

May 9, 2024

The Epidemic Sweeps Through the Classrooms of Whitney Young (Bacon)

May 9, 2024

Foot Traffic Guide

Foot Traffic Guide

May 9, 2024

“To Infinity and Beyond!” Whitney Young’s Parking Lot Takes Off (Bacon)

Whitney Young is truly the place to be if you’re looking for the quintessential high school experience. From the stellar academics to the outstanding faculty, the innovative programs to the top-notch sports and arts scene, this school is like no other. However, Whitney Young continues in their journey to outshining their peer institutions, and that’s with their brand new attempt to replicate the moon! That’s right, by allowing the potholes in the school’s parking lot to continue increasing in size, Whitney Young is aiming to adapt a new “out of this world” look to its facilities, right here on Earth.

When asked about her thoughts about this new inventive approach, Estelle Star, a current senior at the school, commented “I absolutely love this idea! Not only does this add a unique look to our school, it also provides an immersive experience. Whenever I drive over one of the ‘craters,’ I feel like I’m on my very own space adventure. Who needs a field trip to the Museum of Science and Industry when we have a mini-moon right here?” Sophomore Atlas Orbit added to the conversation, saying “My childhood dream was actually to become an astronaut and travel to the moon, and now I can do that right from the comfort of my own school’s parking lot. This really just goes to show how Whitney Young takes it to another level — a lunar level — when it comes to showcasing how academic excellence is the standard.”

While there’s definitely a group of students who are embracing their inner astronaut like Estelle and Atlas, teachers and parents are wary about the idea of a ‘moonification’ to the parking lot. “I spend more time trying to maneuver around the craters while parking than I do teaching my entire first-period class!” Mr. Cosmo, an English teacher, remarks. In response to concerns, school officials have suggested a few solutions, including possibly offering free hoverboards to all students or even instating a brand new uniform consisting solely of spacesuits.

The ultimate direction that Whitney Young will take regarding this uncharted territory is still widely unknown, but regardless the school’s community is ready. Strap in, it’s going to be a bumpy ride!

View Comments (1)