Serve Your Saturday School!

Jenny Chen, Editor

As I am writing this, Ms.Overum is on the hunt for students in my instructional period who missed Saturday school in my instructional period. “She’s not playing,” exclaimed Nandi Myhand, ‘21. Students who have unexcused absences were to serve their Saturday school on the 14th of December. Students tend to not take Saturday schools seriously and eventually do not go serve their detention. An email was sent out to students who missed their Saturday school. “Saturday schools are annoying to have especially if they’re given because of going to things like the climate strike,” Caitlyn Lee, ‘23. 

The only other options Ms.Overum is giving you is to serve it the weekend of winter break, or serve it for two days at 7 AM before school starts. In my opinion, both options are not the best. Do you want to go to a Saturday detention a few days after Christmas? Of course not. But do you also want to go to school as early as 7 AM? Not really, right? 

So I am here to advise you now to serve your Saturday schools the day of because the other options would not be the best. It is either that or an in-school suspension. “An in-school suspension doesn’t go on your record, so it’s not that bad,” said Kyle Lee, ‘22.