Finals Are Over!

Karina Santiago, Writer

The time has come. First Semester is finally over! Finals began Tuesday, January 29, and ended today February 5, 2019. I hope everyone did the best they could. Especially since we had an extra 5 days to study for periods 4-8 due to the Polar Vortex that hit Chicago. I know many people were cramming to study and finish everything they had to do before the semester was over. Olisa A. ‘19 mentioned,  “I was not prepared for finals yet. I have been having major senioritis lately. So I am just so glad that we had a few more days to get ready.” Giving another perspective was Melissa Cerimovic ‘19 when she stated, “For the first-time I’m very confident about finals, I’m not really worried too much about the tests because even if I don’t do too well, my grades won’t drop letters. ”  It is always great to be in that position because you know you’re set and can just relax if you want to.

But the greatest feeling is when a teacher puts in the grade for your final right away and you get the score you needed to bump that B up to an A. That’s exactly what happened to Mearieta Clemente, “I had an 87 and needed at least a 91% on my finals to bring my overall grade up to a 90% because my teacher was going to be putting the grade into two categories. And when I checked my grade a few hours after, I got a 93%!” See there’s hope out there for everyone. I hope we all end up with the grades we want and lets make this next semester one to remember!