Senioritis: Post Decision Day

Kyla Marshall

https://ctcl.org/national-college-decision-day-and-next-steps/With the countdown to the last day of school for seniors rapidly approaching, the willingness to continue to work this school year is declining. This lack of work ethic is better known as Senioritis. This disease is common among second semester seniors and is extremely contagious. Symptoms flare up around the month of May, due to the fact that most, if not all, seniors have decided on a college and are more than ready to leave their high school setting. 

Senioritis is well known across the Whitney Young campus. “It’s becoming an epidemic. The closer we get to the end, the more work teachers seem to give.” Shania Smiley ’17 shares when asked about Senioritis at Whitney Young. It’s clear that the disease has infected many seniors throughout the entire school. Deanna McCullom ’17 adds, “I’ve been suffering from Senioritis since the beginning of the school year. I’m just ready to walk across the stage.” Luckily, not all seniors are affected by this horrible disease. Shayanna Love ’17 says, “It’s almost over. After six years, I’m finally going to graduate. I’m just trying to get my work done and end the year strong.”
Well seniors, only 18 days and counting until you’re done walking the halls of Whitney M. Young Magnet High School. Push through and enjoy it while you can, believe it or not, you’ll miss it.