Quizlet: App Review

Destiny Mallory

Many students can benefit from having an electronic tool that makes their studying as easy as possible. Created by Andrew Sutherland, Quizlet  is a studying tool for students that can be accessed through a mobile device or online and allows individuals to organize information into study sets, where they enter terms and the definitions that accompany them. Released to the public in January of 2007, Quizlet has multiple activities, such as games, flashcards, and tests, that allow you to prepare for an upcoming quiz or exam. “Quizlet is great and very helpful when I need to learn terms for my tests,” Leo Daley ‘18 said when asked how he felt about the app. There is a feature on the app that allows for people to share study sets with the public, making it easy for teachers to share them with their students and for students to simply find study sets pertaining to the topic of their concern. “It’s cool because I don’t have to keep up with flashcards when it’s time for finals,” said Kayla Bilal ‘19. There are many alternative apps that assist in mastering subjects, but what makes Quizlet unique is the testing utility along with the interactive games that allow individuals  to assess their memory of the given terms. “If you don’t already have the quizlet app, then your grades probably aren’t looking too good,” said Brendan Foster ‘17. So, as you can see, this app is phenomenal and is highly recommended by students who have used it.