TRENDING: 90’s

Phoebe Black\Toby, Staff Reporter

Up until a few years ago, retro was considered to be style from the 60’s, 70’s and 80’s. Recently, however, it has become clear that the 90’s are the new retro chic. “I can’t walk down the street without seeing a dude in a man bun, or cute girls wearing jelly shoes!” said Daniel Fererra, ‘16.

The Man Bun.

One of the more popular trends, the man bun is following the Bieber cut and the buzz cut in a long list of fashionable teenage boy hairstyles. This trend most likely occurred because all the younger guys who rocked the “Bieber Cut” started to grow out their hair in high school because they thought it might look cool, only to find out long locks might not be worth the trouble, and tied it atop their heads.

Jelly Shoes.

“Cute girls wearing jelly shoes” as Daniel Fererra aptly described, seem as though they are cropping up everywhere. This trend may have stemmed from the ever popular “school girl look” in where women dress to look like a much younger girl. They can be worn with or without socks, a perfect fall staple.

The Everyday Sneaker.

All of a sudden, it seems like it’s no longer a faux pas to wear sneakers when not exercising. In the last year, it has become stylish to wear fancy outfits with running shoes. Last Fall, popular fashion designers, including TopShop and Marc Jacobs both produced couture lines, but had all the models wearing gym shoes.