Powerlifting Team replaces Weight Room with Mirrors
WY Microwaves on Strike, Union Says

WY Microwaves on Strike, Union Says

April 24, 2024

Ackies Secretly Congregate To Host Illegal Ackie-Sack Races

April 23, 2024

Whitney Young High School Installs New Windows To Education

April 23, 2024

Whitney Young Introduces a New Rollerblading Policy (Bacon)

April 19, 2024

GTA VI Mania

GTA VI Mania

March 12, 2024

How can you snooze on the SZA concert (and miss the moment)?

SOS typically stands for “save our  souls” or “save our ship.” However, it can also mean “SZA’s our savior” for those who went to SZA’s latest concert in Chicago.

SZA, who is ranked #9 on the chart for Billboard’s Top 100 Music Artists as of November 15, recently visited Chicago on October 10 to perform her SOS album at the United Center. The concert lasted about 2 hours, and didn’t leave anybody unsatisfied.

The setlist was composed of a total of 30 songs, which included fan favorites such as Low, Nobody Gets Me, and Snooze. In addition, she teased her unreleased song “PSA” to finish off the concert, setting high expectations for her next releases.

Not only was the performance amazing — many have left the concert talking about how great the stage effects were. SZA fan and senior Jiayang Lin talks about how the concert opened with SZA singing atop a diving board, which then led into a more in-depth plot. “The effects were really cool. There was like a projector that showed the water from her album, and each of her songs matched what was happening in the story.”

Junior Joaquin Sanchez, who claims that SZA is his favorite artist, also expresses how well thought-out the concert was. “The transition to the shipwreck near the end was my favorite part,” he says.

With some arguing that 2023 is “SZA’s biggest year yet,” many wonder which awards she’ll receive at the upcoming awards shows, especially with the Billboards Music Awards taking place on November 19. Other popular music artists and producers, such as Olivia Rodrigo and Taylor Swift, have each released their own top-hit albums this year, making it hard to determine who will end up with the Album of the Year award at the Grammys.

Nevertheless, it’s clear that SZA will remain one of the top artists of the year. From her songwriting talent to her phenomenal concerts, her performances are undoubtedly something you must watch on the weekend.