Powerlifting Team replaces Weight Room with Mirrors
WY Microwaves on Strike, Union Says

WY Microwaves on Strike, Union Says

April 24, 2024

Ackies Secretly Congregate To Host Illegal Ackie-Sack Races

April 23, 2024

Whitney Young High School Installs New Windows To Education

April 23, 2024

Whitney Young Introduces a New Rollerblading Policy (Bacon)

April 19, 2024

GTA VI Mania

GTA VI Mania

March 12, 2024

Why You Should Go to the Homecoming Game

Zara Linneman 2023

The homecoming game is the biggest sports event of the year at Whitney Young, barring unprecedented success from another team. Last year, tickets to the game had a line stitching far down the hallway when I bought mine. There was a 15-minute wait! The game itself wasn’t great, with the Dolphins losing to Phillips 42-7. But you could tell everyone in the stands was having a real good time. So here are some reasons why you should go to the game this year.

• The game is at our regular stadium.

Last year, the game was played at Lane Stadium. The sight of such a school is one my eyes will never truly recover from. The reason for this was that Knute Rockne Stadium was being renovated. The Dolphins were actually featured in a Chicago Sun Times article about the stadium’s renovation. So this time you do not have to feel like a parasitic alien is staring down at you from behind your back, as people normally would sitting next to Lane Tech.

• The Dolphins are better this year than last.

Wow. Last season was not the best year for Dolphins. We only won two games and lost in some pretty terrible ways. But this year is different. At time of writing, we are 4-2, and 3-1 in our division. We are in 4th place out of 16, are outsourcing opponents by 58 points, and we are the 137th best team in Chicago. We are also playing Bulls College Prep, who is 3-2, in 8th place in our division, and they have only been outsourcing their opponents by 13 points. They are also only ranked 157th, 20 spots below us. This means you will probably see a close, entertaining Dolphins win.

• The game is a great chance to hang out with your friends and show school spirit.

Whitney Young is a great school with even better people. Here, you pretty much know you are gonna have a good time the minute you walk in the door. It just has that kind of feel. Everyone is really nice so you know you are going to make friends. Why not hang out with those friends a little longer after and simultaneously showing school spirit? The homecoming game gives you the opportunity to do just that.

Well, there you have it. Those are the big reasons why you should go to the homecoming game. If you’re still not convinced, I beg of you: ask your friends for more reasons. They surely can think something great about why you should go to the game. Also, the game is on October 20th at Knute Rockne Stadium after school. See you there!