Whitney Young Open House!

Juan Karlo Desembrana

Do you know any rising 7th graders or freshmen? Are you interested in helping showcase the wonderful Whitney M Young Magnet High School? Do you need any last minute service hours? Then Whitney Young’s Open House is the place to be!

On October 14, 2018 Whitney Young is hosting its annual Open House, taking place at 10:00 am for families interested in the academic center program, and between 1:00 and 4:00 pm for those interested in our high school. This Open House provides ample opportunities for students taking interest in our school and for students who want to give back to the community.

Here visiting families get a chance to meet Whitney’s amazing faculty and staff — including the BEST principal in the country, Dr. Joyce Kenner — as well as receiving an opportunity to tour our buildings and experience the different programs the school offers. Whitney Young is also providing a special presentation for diverse learners and their families, which will be occuring at 2:00 pm in the library cinema.

Open House is coming, so make sure to tell all your friends, their little siblings and their parents to save the date, October 14th! Don’t forget to ask your teachers for volunteer opportunities in order to get a chance to show these families what Whitney Young is all about.