“The Special”

The+Special

Nathan Wong

Whitney Young students have the privilege of eating lunch off campus.  Just around the corner is Billy Goat Tavern where the students of Whitney Young are offered “The Special”.  The deal includes a cheezborger, a drink, and a small order of fries for only the small cost of $3.33.  Some may look at the price and think that the food is horrible but Rachel Shapiro ‘18 says, “‘The Special” is such a good deal, and it is decent quality food for the price.”  If you are someone who enjoys extra meat on their burgers, consider the ordering the “Double Special” for the even price of $5.00.  Since the cost of “The Special” is so low, don’t be surprised by long lines during lunch periods.  To make the most of your order make sure you follow Davonte Lewis ‘17 tip, “Make sure you order the soft bun, and don’t be afraid to ask for grilled onions, it’s free.”  Being only 0.3 miles away from school, students can walk there in approximately 5 minutes.  John Zapada ‘17 says, “I go even if it is raining, snowing, or sunny.”  The rough Chicago winters don’t stop him from ordering “The Special”.  As long as this deal is around, Billy Goats will be part of the Whitney Young experience.  If you have never been to Billy Goats Tavern,  I would highly recommend that you give “The Special” a try.