What is your Climate Change Video about?

Gayun Cannon

At the beginning of the year 2020, Whitney Young students in specific classes such as Global Citizenship, AP Comp, and Biotechnology are creating climate change documentaries. Students cluster into groups creating these videos. Each video is unique. I took this opportunity to ask different students about their videos. Faith Townsell,’23, said “My climate change video is about what cities and towns can do to help climate change. I love interviewing people and getting people’s opinions on different topics. I want to learn how to make our current situation better.” This is project seems to be such a great way for students to learn filmmaking, interviewing skills, and getting more educated. 

Elijah Warren,’21, also said about his video, “My video is about a whole other country called Guyana. My uncle is land surveyor there and I’m going to ask him how the rainforest has been affected by climate change over the years. Specifically the floods and how he and the government can fix this.” This project is really giving students the chance to research about other countries and learn about climate change issues all around the world instead of just focusing on America. Global Warming is a worldwide issue and educating others on the struggles different countries have because of it is just so beneficial. Janice Cen,’20, talked about her experience on this project and her thoughts, “I love this project. I think it is such a great way for us to help bring change into this world. We really need it.” I agree with her. Do you? Comment below!