• January 16Orchestra Concert on 1/19/18

• January 16Band Concert on 1/18/18

Seniors, don’t stress.

Scott Ai

As colleges’ Early Decision results come out, seniors all over the world are being deferred and rejected. I’m here to tell you that this is completely okay. The college you go to will change the rest of your life, but the attitude you keep will be the final determining factor. If you want to be a writer, go to a school that you want to go to and be a writer. If you want to be an engineer, go to a school that you want to go to and be an engineer. If you want to be a filmmaker, go to a school that you want to go to and be a filmmaker. I understand that most of you have reach schools that you really love and it hurts to think about going anywhere else, but unfortunately, we don’t always get what we want. College admissions officers can’t accept everyone they want to accept. You may be completely qualified to go to that college, but maybe they just didn’t see enough of your personality in your essays. Who knows? It doesn’t matter.

You can still be what you want to be in the future. These four years will pass, and you’ll find yourself with an even more important choice. What do you want to be? What do you want to do for the rest of your life? Even though you didn’t get into that Ivy-league school of your dreams, you can still be successful. You can probably still do what you want to do. It may be harder with a degree from a less-prestigious school, but if you want it enough and work hard enough, you will make it.

If you want to know more or read from a more established author, check out this article from the Huffington Post.