Top 5 Reasons to Dropout of High School: A Message for Juniors

Niambi Steele

As a senior it is my duty to relay some knowledge on the junior class before I leave. I have experienced all 4 years of high school and I have a little insight on what to do next. The answer is dropout now.

#5 It’s much cheaper.

Next year includes application fees, prom fees, graduation fees, and so much more. If you drop out right now you can avoid these extra costs. Your friends will be going on trips like grad nite and renting lake houses but just avoid these unnecessary costs by not coming back.

#4 You can have your parents take care of you forever.

You know you love home cooked foods and your mother taking care of you while you’re sick. Stay home and she’ll be your personal maid. They don’t have any other plans, it’s their job to take care of you.

#3 Money is overrated.

Who says you need to make money. You could find other ways to survive. It’s not like people who have a bachelor’s degree make 16,000 more annually than those who don’t. Become a stripper, I hear they make a lot of money.

#2 Your social status will go up.

You’ll be the cool kid who never finished high school. Everybody will look up to you and your younger siblings will think, “Hey it’s no point in going to high school at all.” You’ll be the coolest kid on block still living in your parent’s basement.

#1 School is not real.

School is a social construct. It’s not like we’re actually learning stuff. Or at least nothing we will use in the real world. Drop out now and you won’t have to deal with your teachers trying to give life lessons or you playing your favorite sport.

To get ahead in the life and be the best person you want to be, drop out of high school. Be on the best path possible right in your parent’s house.