• June 1Final Exams for Underclassmen begin on June 12th

• June 1Senior Graduation June 15th @Arie Crown Theater

• June 1Amira Young Wins State 100 meter and 200 meter races

• June 1Senior Prom June 1st, Drake Hotel

Top 5 Shows to Binge Watch on Amazon Prime

Anna E. Domahidi, News Editor

Many people turn to Netflix when they are in need of a show to binge watch, but they are missing out on all of the possibilities that Amazon Prime has to offer. Here are the top five shows to binge watch on Amazon Prime for those days when you don’t really feel like doing much:

The Man in the High Castle

The Man in the High Castle imagines what it would be like if the Axis powers won World War 2 instead of the Allies. It takes place in an America that is controlled by the Germans in the East (The Great Nazi Reich) and the Japanese in the West (The Japanese Pacific States). The first season drags on a little bit, but after the fifth episode, it picks up speed and doesn’t stop. The season two finale could even be equated with a Game of Thrones season finale.

Downton Abbey

Although a period drama isn’t everyone’s cup of tea, Downton Abbey does it really well. The stories shift between the family who owns the abbey and the servants who work there, providing for an interesting contrast. Dan Stevens and Maggie Smith shine in their roles in the series, and if you’re not sure if this is for you, at least watch it for them.What’s really great about this show is that it provides good, interesting content without being vulgar. It’s just a good show.

The Americans

The Americans is set in the early 1980s during the Cold War and follows the story of two KGB agents posing as a normal American family in Washington D.C. Their neighbor is an FBI agent, making for an interesting aside. While it centers around the international relations of the Cold War, the show, at it’s core, is about their marriage. It’s very interesting and a good show to watch if you’re looking for something mildly political.

The Sopranos

This is Mr. Tavolacci’s favorite show, so that’s how you know it’s good. The story follows Tony Soprano and his struggle balancing between his two families: his biological family and the mob. He sees a therapist to help deal with his problems, often leading to more problems, like panic attacks. There’s backstabbing, power struggles, action, affairs, and violence- everything that makes up an exciting show.

RuPaul’s Drag Race

RuPaul’s Drag Race is literally America’s Next Top Model, but with drag queens. RuPaul is hilarious and makes every episode what it is. There’s a lot of drama, but the Keeping Up With The Kardashians kind where it’s so different from your own drama that it’s entertaining.

Amazon Prime isn’t only for watching shows, it also allows you to get discounts on Amazon products and fast shipping. It’s a great service, and if you have it, make sure to check out these shows next time you need a show to binge watch.