MaxPreps App Review

Gabrielle Cattan

The MaxPreps app is a great way to stay updated on all news related to high school sports. Users can receive notifications for all of your favorite teams, access rankings and stats for thousands of teams and even contribute by submitting scores, photos and videos. Readers can access reports and articles based on school, location or sport to get all the standings and scores you want. “I find this app really useful especially during the soccer season” says Cameron Herman ‘17 “ it’s an easy way to see our game schedule, see how our competition did in their games and get stats about our shots, saves and goals.” There are even sections called Recruiting and Signing Day where students can get advice on how to be recruited and see what colleges the top athletes are committing to. The app even has player profiles for colleges to see the stats of each individual p layer. “I love seeing my profile and my teammates profiles from the past four years of high school lacrosse” says Amelia Thyen ‘17 , adding “it’s really fun to compare my freshman year stats to my senior year stats and see how much I’ve improved over the years.” The most fun aspect of the MaxPreps app is seeing videos from all over the United States of students scoring goals, hitting home runs and making amazing tackles. “I love watching the videos for soccer because they get my creative juices flowing and give me inspiration for moves and goals that I can use in my next game; plus they’re really cool to see.” says Ella McCarthy ‘18 The app is user friendly and encourages students, parents and citizens to go support their local high school team. MaxPreps is a fun and easy way to stay notified about what’s going on in high school sports.