Scholly: An Educational App Review

Many high school students struggle with finding various scholarships to help them pay for college. However, most students do not know that there are apps to assist in scholarship findings. An app by the name of Scholly is one of those apps. This educational app was launched in November 2015 and provides an easy way to find numerous scholarships. Scholly assists high school seniors, current undergraduate or graduate students in the United States, and international students looking to study in the United States. Scholly is a mobile application, in addition to a website. The mobile app is available for Androids, iPhones, iPads, and iPod touches with the iOS 8.0 update or later. The application has helped students win over seventy million dollars in scholarships so far, making college funds inexpensive and dreams an actuality. Calice Robinson, Class of 2017, said, “Finding scholarships takes a lot of time and applying for them is even more of a hassle. Scholly brings scholarships to me that are not a waste of my time and I truly enjoy it.”

Users can create a free account with Scholly to gain access to their numerous scholarship essays, tips, and advice. Once you create the account, whether on a computer or a phone, Scholly is easy to navigate. Brendan Foster, another high school senior, said, “I love this app and how easy it is to find appropriate scholarship opportunities.” There is an option to pay $2.99/month to be matched with scholarships through a personalized application. Ashley Nixon, a current undergraduate student at Cornell University, said, “It is very helpful to filter my degrees to best fit me.” The scholarship-matching engine eases the scholarship searching and application process by providing a list of scholarships uniquely fit to to users.

Even though there are apps and websites similar to Scholly ,such as, No Essay Scholarships, Scholarships.com, Fastweb College Scholarships, and Apply.Me, Scholly is a more organized and useful app for students looking to breeze through essay and application processes for scholarships. Many users love this app because it turns a scholarship application process that takes months into a matter of minutes.