Beacon’s Oscar Nominations

Andrea Gomes, Arts and Trends Editor

With the Oscars coming up, people are going crazy trying to figure out which beloved celebrities and movies what will win one of the most praised awards in history for their category. From “Gone Girl” to “Transparent,” there are a plethora of exciting movies to choose from this 2015 year. Here that are most likely to win, in my point:

Best actress -Julianne Moore “Still Alice”

She plays a young professor diagnosed with Alzheimers. That’s what makes the movie so interesting–normally elderly people are diagnosed, but to see the life of a person who isn’t quite at the age to go through this,

Best supporting actress – Patricia Arquette “Boyhood” 

Played the most dynamic character and really revealed her acting ability over the 12 years course. She new how to transform from a woman with two divorces to a college professor.

Best actor – Michael Keaton 

Plays a character who’s haunted by hallucinations. It really reflects his real life–plays a washed up actor who played a superhero…just like Michael Keaton as Batman.

Best Supporting Actor- JK Simmons “Whiplash”

Plays as a conductor of a jazz band at a music conservatory. Shows a crazy range of emotion throughout the movie. From a physical meltdown to showing how people need to succeed, he does it all.

Best Picture- Because there really is no telling who will be the winner (cause of the wide variety of astounding movies that were out this past year), we’ll decide from the poll.