• December 11Holiday Spectacular Concert November 19th

• December 11Choir Concert Wednesday Nov 12th

3 Gifts for the Really Difficult Person

Gracie Holmes, Editor

Stumped this season on what to get that one person who just seems like they have it all? No gift seems right for them and you do not want to disappoint with a lame gift card. Here are 3 gifts that will be sure to knock the socks off whoever you give it to:

1. Fuzzy Slippers! Remember being six and HATING getting socks for Christmas. Oh, how the times have changed. This underappreciated gift is actually a gem this holiday season. I mean who doesn’t want to be warm and fuzzy? Uniqlo has a great pair that is only $14.90! “I would LOVE to get a pair of slippers for Christmas this year,” says Sonia Meisner ‘19.
  2. Lip Balm Kit – Get them something that smells good and is also a NECESSITY in our dry, dry, very dry Chicago winters. Net-A-Porter sells a fancy lip balm kit that won’t break the bank this year. At only $23.00, this luxury lip kit comes with three yummy lip balms and salves. “My lips get sooo dry every winter and that is a gift that I would love to receive,” says Ava Mariani ‘22.
  3. Reusable Bags– be sustainable this holiday season with some reusable bags made from all recycled materials. Baggu is a US company, based out of California. The Standard Baggu Set of 3 is a gift that would bring a smile to any environmentalist’s face. They have a wide variety of bags in different colors and sizes. Students around Whitney Young are trying to take a harder look at the products they buy this year.“This year I am trying to be aware of the brands I buy from. I would like to support as many free trade companies as possible,” says Ellie Odom ‘19.

Photo from uniqlo.com

Photo from baggu.com

Photo from netaporter.com