Winter is Here

Back to Article
Back to Article

Winter is Here

Juan Karlo Desembrana

With Chicago abruptly transitioning from its beautiful fall sweater weather to its nasty and bitter cold winter, it can only mean one thing, the holiday season is here. Whether you celebrate Hanukkah, Christmas, Kwanzaa or no holidays at all, it’s time for you to rejoice!

The winter brings multiple treats for everyone like snow, which means Ski and Snowboard Club trips, gifts and the thing every student loves the most, winter break. Whitney Young is having its annual winter break from December 24 all the way to January 4! That’s 2 weeks of fun filled goodness! Brian Yu ‘19 says “best part about winter break is being able to sleep in everyday” while Miles Wagner ‘19 says his “favorite part about winter break is being able to go out and enjoy the cold weather while hanging out with friends.”

If you’re looking for winter activities like skiing, you can check places out like Cascade Mountain and Granite Peak, or join ski club by emailing [email protected]. If you need gift ideas check this website out and get inspired! In need of recipes for some holiday meals or even some snacks? Check this website out and get your stomach ready to cook and eat some goodies!

As much as winter brings cold weather and frozen ears and noses, it also brings so much fun and loving with the holidays and the possibility for endless fun. Bryan Bermeo ‘20 says “I hate the cold but it sure does bring a lot of good times with the break and the holidays.” Winter break is approaching and after the great No School November, it’s hard to focus, but keep your head in the game and soon you will be sitting at home, sipping on some hot cocoa and enjoying the break everyone deserves. So make sure to bundle up and enjoy this Chicago winter as much as you can!