Break the Ice

Ayla Makris, Writer

Our school is putting its students in danger. Students wake up very early and trudge through the snow in order to get to school. And we don’t even really want to be there. The least the school can do for us is salt the sidewalk so we don’t fall and break our necks. Jamiah Davis ‘22 said, “While walking toward the art buildings, I almost slipped on some ice.” Is trudging through the snow to go to school worth breaking our necks for? Honestly, no. I will not risk my safety to go to a place that I hate. If I was going to a Beyonce concert, they can have the entire building surrounded by ice. I would break my neck twenty times to see her perform. I have seen people slipping on ice as I arrive to school. If the school actually cares about the student and wants us to show up, they need to think about our safety and salt the sidewalks. Ana Gore ‘20 said, “I have slipped on the ice three times already.” Because I observe people slipping, I am extremely cautious when walking to school and I walk very slow over the ice to avoid slipping. But because I am walking so slow I am late to school. Perrion Lewis says, “I will never fall over.” He is in the same cautious mind state like me.  I’m sure there are some safety regulations our school is violating. So be very careful while ice skating to school.