• December 11Holiday Spectacular Concert November 19th

• December 11Choir Concert Wednesday Nov 12th

Tikkawala: The New Ella’s

Naiya Wax-Groot

Times are changing, and so is the restaurant down the street on Jackson. What once was the popular fast food spot known as Ella’s is a now Tikkawala, a forward-looking Indian food venue. They are open weekdays from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. for lunch, and again from 5 p.m. to 8 p.m. for dinner. Over the past few weeks, Tikkawala has decided to bring back some of the popular food items from Ella’s old menu. Darsh, the owner, commented on the topic- “I know many were disappointed when those items went away, but they’ll be thrilled to have a few options back for lunch! Tikkawala is new, up-and-coming, and patiently awaiting the interest of the Whitney Young student and teacher community. If you love Indian food or are open to trying new delicious foods and drinks, stop by! Tikkawala is located at 1258 W. Jackson Blvd, just down the block from Whitney Young. Along with the new menu, a commissioned mural will be in the works. Lisa Wax, head of the Whitney Young Art Department, commented “I’m thrilled that a new restaurant has invited an artist from our school to help shape the vibe and physical space, it’s great PR for Whitney and will add a broader group of customers”. Look for it in the coming months, this colorful addition will really bring out the fresh contemporary energy of the restaurant. Tikkawala is a spot you will for sure want to check out.

Photo by: Tikkawala Restaurant.
Pictured: Entrance into the Indian restaurant with logo

1 Comment

One Response to “Tikkawala: The New Ella’s”

1. Gracie Holmes on September 25th, 2018 2:46 pm

Wow Naiya I am so excited!

Tikkawala: The New Ella’s