• February 26Boys Basketball State Run Begins 2/27

• February 26Boys Swimming Takes 2nd in Sectionals

• February 26African American History Month Presentation 2/27/18

Boys varsity baseball beats Lincoln Park 8-2

Celeste Mora

The Whitney Young Boy’s Baseball team played an away game against Lincoln Park High School on Monday, April 23rd, 2018. It was a big win for the Dolphins as it puts their record  over the .500 mark. Their current record is 18 wins and 17 losses and the boys hope to add to their wins this week as they have three upcoming games: Tuesday, April 24th is an away game against Taft, they also play on Wednesday, April 25th against Lincoln park here at the pool and Friday, April 26th is an away game against Northside. The game against Lincoln Park can best be explained as an “exciting and thrilling” game by Senior John Cruz ‘18 who pitched the complete game and only allowed two runs. We asked him how he expects the rest of the season to go and he has this to say about it, “Lately we haven’t been winning as much as we’d like but this game was a great turning point because Lincoln Park is great defensively and offensively. If we limit the errors and turn on our bats, the rest of the season looks great for our team.” Other than star pitching from Cruz, there were also great plays like Senior Nick BridCgeford’s ‘18 line drive double down the third base line and junior, Jaelen Kobayashi’s six stolen bases.  Second basemen, Dixon O’Banion is optimistic on the rest of the season as he says “We got off to a bit of a rough start but this win is something we’re going to build off of and success comes from when we learn from our mistakes.” The boys are also looking forward to their Senior Night on May 4th, so everyone go out and support!

Picture provided by Dixon O’Banion.