President Trump eases blames off China

Angel Benitez, Writer

Photo courtesy of Getty Images

A meeting occurred between two political giants as U.S President Donald Trump and Chinese President Xi Jinping met to talk about trade during President Trump’s recent visit to China. On November 8th, the two talked for over two hours with both coming out with a new view on the American-Chinese trade deal tensions. President Donald Trump once hit hard on Chinese trade imbalance but has shown a different side to himself after expressing forgiveness to China and instead pointing the blame towards previous U.S administrations. In addition to President Donald Trump’s more mellow view on the Chinese-American trade imbalances, President Xi Jinping  stated his willingness to work out the differences between the two countries.

Could economic peace be found? Or will trade deal instability continue? Some students seem hopeful of the possible compromise between the two countries. “If China and America can work together, the world could really improve a lot” says Kevin Mai ‘18. Not everyone is optimistic of the situation. “It’s unlikely that China or America will stop screwing each other over for money” says Miguel Estrada ‘18. Whether you believe in the possibility of Chinese-American trade compromise or not, these next few months could be the turning point of something huge in the world.