Up Close and Personal

Mireya Alejo, Staff Writer

Up Close and Personal has been the main event for the dance company, Guys and Dolls. A showcase of dances choreographed and performed by students themselves. Each telling their own story, every piece in the show allowed for the audience to enter into the lives of the dancers. It allowed for the audience to feel connected. Each dance different from the next, the show flowed perfectly. Despite some technical difficulties, the dancers maintained their composure and professionally carried on the show. The amazing tech crew quickly fixed the issue and the show, of course, went on.

A new and enlightening addition to the show was a video performance. Although  unconventional compared to previous shows, the video was refreshing and captured the attention of the entire audience. Teya Boyd 18’ said “I couldn’t keep my eyes off the screen, it was like a music video.” Another take on the video was given from Jairus Silmon 18’ who stated “at first I was confused with the concept but it came together at the end and added something new to the show.” Overall the show was exceptional and, as always, ended with a standing ovation. Guys and Dolls dance company never fails to bring the audience to their feet.