• December 11Holiday Spectacular Concert November 19th

• December 11Choir Concert Wednesday Nov 12th

MacArthur’s is the king of soul food

Lajada Douglas, Editor

There is nothing more comforting than a huge plate of soul food after a long day.  MacArthur’s offers life changing cuisine and a wide selection of southern inspired dishes like greens, mac and cheese, smothered pork chops and so much more. MacArthur’s can be found on the west side of Chicago at 5412 w. Madison. MacArthur’s serves its food in a cafeteria style fashion, they also switch out their menu daily so you can never expect the same thing. My personal favorite is when warm cabbage, mac and cheese and barbecue ribs are being served. The ribs are quite literally falling off the bone and the meat is unbelievably tender. Also no one can compete with their mac and cheese. Sorry Grandma! Kitchens everywhere are shook! Nowhere on the southside can compete. Even Chance the Rapper recognizes MacArthur’s fame and use the amazing establishment as one of his ticket hotspots. The prices are reasonable so even your wallet will be urging you to take home a to-go box and a caramel cake that will even the coldest of hearts melt. “You would never believe that MacArthur’s was on the west side! It’s that good!’, Nadia Strong ‘18. So what are you waiting for? Head outside and catch the number 20 Madison bus heading west! Tasty Terik approved!

Photo Cred: Terik Priest