• December 3The Young Company presents closing night of the Good Times are Killing Me on December 2nd

• December 3Clayton Mendez ('18) places 18th at Nike Cross Nationals

4 Great Cafes to Visit Throughout the Winter

Carolina Villanueva, Editor

Winter may not be loved by all, but one thing that can be enjoyed throughout the upcoming season is the atmosphere in cafes, which can be found all across Chicago. Here are some of the most popular.

Intelligentsia Coffee

With several locations in Downtown Chicago, Intelligentsia provides a quiet atmosphere for customers. Some iconic orders include the Black Tea and Hot Chocolate (as seen above). Despite its location, the cafe allows for concentration and is student friendly.

Jumping Bean

Pilsen’s hidden treasure, Jumping Bean, is a must-visit this winter season. Loved by many students residing in the Pilsen neighborhood and surrounding residents, the small corner cafe provides authentic hispanic breakfast along with warm drinks, including their Choco Espress, a delicious house mix of hot chocolate and espresso.

Dollop Coffee Co.

With multiple quiet downtown locations, Dollop provides the ideal cafe experience. When asking for quality menu ,“ Definitely the Chai Latte” says Betsy Bezuneh, ‘18. When looking for a place to wrap up an essay or finish a book, this is the place to go.

Groundswell Coffee

“They have really good lattes and tea cakes, and there is plenty space,” says Milo Hasmonek, ‘18. Don’t let the small crowd at this shop confuse you, it is worth the trip. Carrying strong coffees and pastries to go along with them, Groundswell Coffee is another must-visit cafe.

With the temperature dropping early this year, keep yourself warm at any of these great locations, and spread the info to any cafe lovers!