• December 3The Young Company presents closing night of the Good Times are Killing Me on December 2nd

• December 3Clayton Mendez ('18) places 18th at Nike Cross Nationals

Whitney Young Boys’ Basketball Preview

The Whitney Young Boys’ Basketball team is coming off a fantastic year, winning the prestigious Proviso West Holiday Tournament as well as the daunting Public League Red-West to become the 4A state champion. The Dolphins have many key members returning from last year’s team, including 3 staters in Justin Boyd, Xavier Castaneda, and Javon Freeman. Although the Dolphins have a very strong senior class, there are a few underclassmen ready to make their mark. There is varsity returnee Tyler Beard, who is coming off a great summer of basketball, as well as the Sophomore transfer Elliot Sieger. Elliot, (‘19) said “I’m looking forward to the Championship Culture at Whitney Young.” The Dolphins are taking a new approach  as prepare to begin their season on November 20th, 2 weeks before the normal start of the Chicago Elite Classic. The Boys know that in order to reciprocate last year, they must find that chemistry they had last year. With strong senior leadership, and other varsity returners that possibility is high. Jake Kosakowski ‘18 said “This season will come down to our will to win and love for each other.” We wish the Dolphins the best of luck on their season in the new season of challenges.