• October 17Boys Cross Country wins City Championship

• October 17Homecoming Dance, October 21

• September 29Pumpkin Spice 5 K October 22nd

Whitney Young Boys’ Soccer City Playoffs Preview

Evan Wimberly

The Boys’ Soccer team are still undefeated in their last 8 games, winning 6 of the 8. The Boys were also honored with the Homecoming Game after the unfortunate cancellation of the football team’s season. Now, the part of the season that they’ve been waiting for has arrived. Leo Daley ‘18, midfielder for the team had this to say, “we’ve been ready for this since last year, it’s our time.” The boys have 12 seniors and they all know what’s at stake. The month of October is filled with tournament play. The city and state tournament are both very important for the Dolphins. The Dolphins will start city tournament play in the group stages. Their group consists of Payton and Mather. Both teams had a relatively strong year but the Dolphins are very confident heading into the games. Jake Davidson ‘19 said “I’m really happy with the draw and I want to get huge wins going into single elimination. If the Dolphins win their group, they will play in the City Quarterfinals at Sarah E. Goode high school, at their newly designed athletic fields. The most veteran member on the team Reed Schafer ‘18 said, “This is the best team I’ve ever played on in my 4 years here.” Well… the time to prove it is now. We wish the Dolphins good luck and go get a city championship! Go Dolphins!