How Does it Feel to be a Senior?

Lajada Douglas, Editor

Whitney M. Young Magnet High School is  known all across the Chicagoland area name that commands any person’s respect. We are the beloved Dolphins who win championships and earn millions in scholarships yearly. Whitney Young has been an interesting ride. WY has challenged us academically as well as emotionally, mentally and socially. I’ve built on myself as a person and I know that I would no longer recognize the wide eyed freshman that I once was in old homecoming pictures. I feel like ideas just attending my first set of classes yesterday and everything was new and exciting. But now the year is 2017. And I can finally answer the question, “How does it feel to be a Whitney Young senior?” I feel overwhelmed! One the one hand, I am overjoyed because I’m leaving high school but terrified for those exact same reasons! I’m leaving what has been my life for four years. It has been a crazy, taxing ride but I can’t bring myself to hate this experience because I’m better for it. I love Whitney and all I’ve experienced here. The good and the bad. Graduating hardly feels real and many 2017-2018 seniors agree in with my assessment. When asked “How does it feel to a senior?” Madi Torres ‘18, replied “Good! We’re top dogs (insert laughing face and dog emojis) but it’s crazy how I still feel like a puppy (Insert cringe face).” and there you have it seniors, juniors and underclassmen. That is how it feels to be a WY Senior.

Photo Credit to Dana Liang ’18