Secrets to having a successful school year

Kennedy Higginbottom

Secrets to Having a Successful School Year

Writer : Kennedy Higginbottom

At the beginning of a school year, people tend to ask, “how will I getting the best grades possible this year?”  While this is an easy task for some, others tend to struggle with coming up with the best solutions in order to achieve this goal. Here are 5  basic tips that all students should follow.

1. The number one rule to being a successful student is to always show up to class and to show up to class on time with all needed materials. By doing this you are sure to not miss any of the lesson plan, and you will learn better if you (the student) is taught the entire lesson.
  2. The second most important rule is to always complete assignments, especially homework. Homework is a way for the students to have additional practice and get a better understand between what they have and haven’t learned. Also, when students do homework it allows for the teacher to see what or what the student has learned before they administer a test.
  3. Another very important rule is to study for all test and quizzes. As students, some people tend to think they know enough information about the specific topic area, that they feel they need to study. All students should study at least 15 additional minutes a night on each subject if they know they will have an assessment coming up.
  4. Something else that is very important is to make sure that you plan! Planning is an essential because if your have any outside of school activity for event, you want to make sure that you have considered your amount of work. This planning also has a lot to do with time management and understanding how to space out assignment that have longer due dates, or assignments that have multiple parts.
  5. Lasty, don’t be afraid to ask questions!!!!!

And I wish you all good luck on your school year!

Kayla Williams class 18’

“Work Hard, and you will achieve”