• October 17Boys Cross Country wins City Championship

• October 17Homecoming Dance, October 21

• September 29Pumpkin Spice 5 K October 22nd

Overview of first weeks of school

Kyra Sobe,

Kyra Sobe,

Kyra Sobel, Editor

Although some of us still may have our sun tans, summer has surely faded and school has arrived. The first day of school brought both new and old faces into the crowded halls of Whitney Young. With this new school year comes many exciting events. Homecoming and the  pep rally are only two weeks away. Also many sports such as Girls Volleyball, Boys Soccer, and Girls Tennis have already started off their seasons strong. Let’s see how many City Championships we can collect this year! Club fair is also happening on September 20th, so if you’re interested in getting more involved in the school or if you want to meet new people, make sure you stop by after school.

With the many great events and activities another school year at Whitney Young brings it also has many stressful aspects as Mark Andre Adalin ‘18 elaborated on, “Classes at Whitney are always pretty hard and AP tests are too but I’m happy now that I’m done with all the standardized testing for college.” With testing out of the way Seniors now have to worry about actually applying to college and writing their essays. By the looks of the packed Writing Center Ms. Pasulka already has her hands full.

School is almost in full swing and it’s going to be another great year at Whitney Young.

Photo Credit: Kyra Sobel