5 Reasons Why School Should End Earlier

Evan Wimberly

School Must End Earlier

When CPS announced that there was a possibility of school ending June 1st, most students were excited, but that excitement was soon shut down. Here are 5 reasons school should end earlier:

Reason 1

After AP tests, it’s the time where school begins to chow down, however, in reality there’s over a month left. At the end of AP tests many students feel as though it is time to end school. However they’re still learning new things in most classes.

Reason 2

The CPS students get out of school almost a month after the majority of suburban and Catholic school students. While they are out enjoying the weather, we are in school learning little to none as the year is slowing down. This leads many CPS students to stop caring as much about their work because they relate themselves to the other Catholic and suburban schools.

Reason 3

Students also face problems with second semester finals. Most students are already anxious to get out of school and want to get it over with. It’s hard to stay focused when it’s very nice out and nearing the end of the year.

Reason 4

As well as the added nervousness for students who need to do well on their final to get their preferred grade, students tend to try and find what they need to get on their final in order to achieve a good grade. Students get more nervous as they wait for the finals to come.

Reason 5

There is also the added jealousy of, why am I still in school when they’ve been out for weeks? This entails those suburban and Catholic school students are just outside our door having fun, while we’re struggling to get to June.

It might just be that time for CPS to make a change to their schedule… So CPS make it happen!