The iMessage App: Game Pigeon

Evan Wimberly

The addition of being able to download iMessage apps came with many new games. One app in particular is becoming increasingly popular. The app called game pigeon holds many different games inside. Those games being 8ball pool, knockout, basketball, among others. GamePigeon became possible with iOS 10 and is being played everywhere. Many Whitney Young students play game pigeon all the time. For example, Omar Bah ‘18 said “[he] play[s] a game of pong and basketball everyday at all times of the day.” Thus, there’s a new distraction for some students in their classes. In fact Keyshawn Aytch ‘19, said “I just got in trouble for playing last week in my math class”.

The reasoning for this popularity is because it is convenient to play. The game is so convenient Norwegian student, Katrine Heggelund, saw it as very interesting and easy to play. Students can also speak with their opponent in normal conversation, while playing them in a game. All of the games this app offers are a sort of, take your turn and send it back. It becomes a competition as for every game you win, the app counts, so people argue over who has the most wins. It can also become a game of bragging rights amongst friends. This app is very convenient, and easy and fun to play, especially when you’re winning.