Having Trouble Paying College Tuition?… Worry No More!

In today’s world the price of college tuition is not only expensive but is absolutely emptying out parents’ wallets. Students are working incredibly hard throughout their high school years studying, reading, writing and for what? In most cases, it’s for a college education that will give them the “success” we all strive for. However, it is becoming more difficult to make the payments for these educations even with scholarships and financial aid. Junior Maddie Mortel said, “It makes me nervous thinking about how much money college is going to cost my parents.” Every parent wants to be able to send their child to a prestigious university where their student can eat gourmet food in the cafeteria and sit on the freshly mowed lawn to study from their $500 text books. The extent parents and families go to in order to ensure their child with a promising higher education and to be able to put that university’s bumper sticker on their cars shows that the price of college is unreasonable and ridiculous for the average American.

The solution to the nation’s problem is simple; give every successful student who graduates high school $1,000,000 to pay for college and room and board and, of course, the delicious food that comes along with the whole experience. With this money every student will be given success instead of having to really work for it. There will be no more sadness or tears from children or parents and life will be easy and happy the way everyone wants it to be. Yes, this idea is genius and has limited drawbacks. Who really cares about inflation after all? The more money circulating the better. All we know is that more money is the opposite of debt so that must be a good thing. Senior Ethan Wilen agreed saying, “This is a great idea that I’m really excited about even though my parents can pay my college tuition anyways.” In fact, the money will cover more than just college expenditures, which means colleges and universities even have some room to raise prices just a little more. Clearly this solution would be beneficial for everyone.

Other solutions proposed include taxing people and using that money to contribute to college tuition as well as offering two years of free community college education as proposed by former President Obama. However, these ideas are absolutely ridiculous. First of all, people who aren’t even going to college or trying to support someone who is should not have to pay tax dollars to potentially support someone besides themselves. This is an individual world people, and there is really no time to be helping others. Sloane Kistinger ‘17 is also against this idea saying, “Why should our money go towards helping others?” Also, offering two years of free community college is an interesting idea that would never work because students want to go to prestigious universities, not community schools. In addition, the government would never be able to come up with the money to pay for all of those educations so that is just insanity.

Ultimately the solution is clear as day and should be implemented as soon as possible. Good news Whitney Young students with this solution you’re about to get a whole lot richer!