Anthologies YOU Should Watch

Senna Jekenu, Writer

Are you getting bored watching the same played-out genres on Netflix with all just filled with romance? Already know how the characters’ stories all have happy endings. Well, these three shows  will end that boredom.
Girl From Nowhere is a show inspired by thirteen events in Thailand. The show stars a character named Nanno, who goes to different schools revealing all the secrets the students and faculty have. Figuring out who is to blame for these behaviors, various stories with no happy endings.
Love Death Robot is a collaborative of animated short stories that span all

genres sharing the common themes of either being about Love Death or Robots. If you enjoy looking at different art styles this is the show for you. It was released on May 15, 2019, and its third season is coming out.

on May 19, 2022.
One popular show that most people have said to have watched was Black Mirror. It is a British anthology that explores the consequences of new technologies in an uneasy modern setting, each with a unique cast, from interactive video games, and stolen DNA, to popular opinion. Simon Roberts 2024, summarized an episode from their memory, “I remember the episode Nosedive.

Where a person looks at each other and knows their social life. I like how out of the box it is and makes you see parallels with what you see in the present day, and that it was scary and interesting to see where the world is heading now”. Max Nodal 2022 stated “It was very captivating even when you didn’t know what was going on. It was so intense you could feel the intended between the characters.” Arabelle Perez 2024, who only watched one episode said “ I have only one episode of the Black Mirror… It was lowkey somewhat weird it was freaky.”

All these shows are filled with some moral dilemmas with humanity and explore them in different ways, and something that will never cease to surprise.