Keepin’ It *Class*y at Whitney Young

It’s been more than a month since the beginning of the school year, and all students have been able to get comfortable and accustomed to their new class schedules for the year. While it’s not expected that they would like every class they have, it seems that there’s at least one class that they’re looking forward to participating in every day!

Many students appear to be enjoying their science classes they selected during the second semester of the last school year. “Earth & Space Science w/ Mr. Stevenson is pretty cool, actually,” said Tyler Glenn-Carlander, ‘20. “He’s a really funny teacher and the class is fun to partake in. I’m really glad I took it.” 

Image result for earth & space science

As is the case with a lot of classes at Whitney Young, the students are pretty fond of the teachers in their classes. “I like Anatomy with Dr. Muhammad,” said Kamden Payne, ‘20. “I just like science classes in general and she’s a pretty good teacher. You can tell she likes teaching and knows what she’s talking about.”

Image result for anatomy

The social science classes seem to be popular with the student body as well. “I really like taking AP Psychology with Ms. Nelson,” said Kiara Vega, ‘20. “She’s a really fun teacher. The slideshows and the Kahoots are highlights for me.” 

Image result for psychology

Opinions of classes can go a long way. Let’s hope for some of these students that they grow even more interested in the classes!