Senior Season:

Alex Strong

Going into second semester, the class of 2019 are now second semester seniors. Second semester brings about a lot of different activities for Whitney Young seniors. These include luncheon, prom, the Six Flags trip, and graduation. All these events feature different aspects and fun twists to them with different dates. The first major event coming up is luncheon, on April 9th, from 2-5pm. It takes place at Navy Pier, on a boat. Next, an event that has been rescheduled until further notice, the six flags at night trip, where the seniors take a bus to Six Flags Great America in Gurnee, Illinois. Prom, an event where formal attire is required with everyone’s outfit. This takes place at the luxury hotel downtown of the Drake. Juniors are allowed to “prom host”, where they help arrange the event, check people in, and get to stay the entirety of the event. About ten juniors are needed for those positions, and if interested, you should contact Mrs. El- Amin @[email protected]. Last is graduation, taking place at the Arie Crown Theater starting at 5pm on June 14th where seniors say there last goodbye their high school experience. Throughout it all, class of 2019 only has a remaining four months, so begin to say your goodbyes to your senior friends.