J’Shawn Taylor

Jack Banks

J’Shawn Taylor is a junior at Whitney Young and a good friend of mine. He is an avid member of the baseball team, putting in countless hours of hard work to get better. We have been teammates for three years now, and I’m honored to be close to such an amazing person.

As one of the team captains, J’Shawn sets a great example for all players everyday at practice, helping out all of the younger kids while getting in all of his work. “J’Shawn sets such a great example for us younger kids and is always there to help us out,” said Jonathan Napoles ‘21. J’Shawn can be found putting in work in gym c during his free periods as well as after school practice some days. He always motivates his teammates to be better players, students, and people. After school everyday J’Shawn travels up to the northside for travel baseball practice in Jefferson Park, tallying hours of practice everyday. “J’Shawn is such a hard worker and a great teammate,” said Adam Surma ‘19.

In the future J’Shawn aspires to play baseball in college. “I’m going to take baseball as far as the game is going to allow me to go,” said J’Shawn. In terms of a career, he is mostly undecided, considering possibly becoming a physical trainer or a lawyer. Knowing J’Shawn and the hard worker he is, whatever path he chooses he will be successful.