Super Bowl Review

Jack Banks

This past Sunday, the New England Patriots faced off with the Los Angeles Rams in the biggest sporting event of the year, Super Bowl LIII. It was a hard fought match, with the Patriots coming away with a 13-3 victory, becoming the world champions.

The Patriots captured their sixth Super Bowl championship, tying them for most all time. All six of these championships were won by arguably the greatest quarterback of all time, Tom Brady, as well as genius head coach Bill Belichick.

Overall it was a generally boring game, and the sixteen combined points make it the lowest scoring Super Bowl of all time. The Rams explosive offense played very poorly, only being able to muster up a field goal. The game was disliked by many fans. “Worst Super Bowl ever,” said Tadzio Kurka ‘19.

However, some fans enjoy a hard fought defensive battle. “I’m into a chess match with two of the best coaches. I thought it was pretty great,” said Tristan Taylor ‘19.

With the conclusion of the 2018-2019 season, many fans are excited for what next season will hold, and which team will hoist up the Lombardi Trophy next year. “I’m picking the Chicago Bears to win the Super Bowl next year,” said Logan Banks ‘22. Will the Patriots repeat as champions next year, or will they be dethroned by the next great NFL dynasty?