Super Bowl Preview

Jack Banks

The matchup is set! On Sunday, February 2, the New England Patriots will face off against the Los Angeles Rams in Super Bowl LIII. The game will be held at the recently built Mercedes-Benz Stadium in Atlanta, Georgia.

The New England Patriots are set to appear in their third straight Super Bowl. They are led by arguably the greatest quarterback of all time, 41 year old Tom Brady, who is in search of his sixth Super Bowl win. The head coach of the Patriots, Bill Belichick, is the longest tenured head coach in the NFL, leading the Patriots for nineteen years. He has the most playoff wins of any coach in NFL history. “You can’t bet against Tom Brady,” said Alex Ng ‘21.

The Los Angeles Rams are appearing in their first Super Bowl since 2002, where,  coincidentally, they lost to Tom Brady’s Patriots. The Rams are led by 24 year old quarterback Jared Goff, and the youngest head coach in the league, 33 year old Sean McVay.

“I am so excited to watch the Super Bowl and see Maroon 5 perform at the halftime show!” said Carina Barillas ‘19. The halftime show will be headlined by Maroon 5, with special guests Travis Scott and Big Boi.  

“I am looking forward to a Tom Brady loss, even though it won’t happen,” said Keyshawn Aytch ‘19.

Make sure to tune in for the nation’s biggest sporting event of the year!